Labels

Monday, May 14, 2012

Unforgettable moments: That realization

You brought love in my life again!
Image Courtesy : Google Images
How often we commit the same mistake again and again? And how often we’re warned by the ones who care and love for us? Well, every single time. But, what if you want to do the mistake? What if it’s just not a mistake to you? It’s a thing which you always lived for and is a thing which will always be important to you…


Love – The four letter word has kept my life complex from the very beginning. It has caused me my share of hurt but the hunger for it never died, nor did it change my opinion about the feeling. There’re several people I see around, broken and shattered in love. But what’s more painful is the opinion they’ve made about the feeling after being betrayed. Some person told me and offered me the enlightenment which I never agreed to, when he said, “The best way to get over this hunger is to just sleep around with people and keep emotions aside.” I could never understand one thing – How can lust be a solution to a broken heart? And these people talk about love when they’re drunk and abuse their exes! Such a shame!

But, somehow I never changed. It would be a lie to say that this lusty solution offered by my friend didn’t cross my mind, but I knew I would never do it, never in my entire life. So I kept waiting for the ‘one’, for the right girl and the one whom I could shower with all the love in the world. I complained, but I never gave up the hope. My close friends have always called me, ‘The idiot in love!’ I won’t blame them, I have been that! But I love being that, that’s something I’m best at.

After a relationship of mine, where the girl left me ( She still thinks I bought the reason – ‘You don’t deserve me!’), I decided - I’ll wait for love to come, and I won’t rush into it. It took me one year to get over her and may be some days for her. I decided, I’ll take my friends advice – I’ll be careful and won’t fall for anybody for a long time now. But love never gives you a choice, does it? It happened again, and I didn’t even realize. I just fell for her, unknowingly, crazily and never to stand up again.

When I saw her for the first time, it brought a smile to my face for some reason. While her beautiful black eyes complimented her fair complexion, the fragrance she wore brought freshness in my life. Her dressing sense was perfect – Whatever she wore, she wore it with style. As we shared days and moments together, we became good friends. After a long time, I felt happy – by just being around her. They say girls bitch more, but I loved bitching more than anything else when I used to be around her. Have you ever experienced this? You keep listening to the girl you like, but you don’t know what she’s saying – because you’re just too much in love with her voice! I would eagerly wait for her to come and if she would leave early, I would make sure that my eyes be on her till she vanishes. Every text message of hers brought a smile and every thought of her made me even closer to her. I knew what I was heading to; it was quite predictable of me. But I kept telling my self, ‘She’s just a good friend and it should be only that’, because I knew I could never have her. But does it really work? It doesn’t!

For a long time, I thought she was one of my closest friends, sure I did flirt with her all the time but I somehow felt that I could keep my emotions aside. And that’s where I was proven wrong, when one day I realized that she being around me was not a permanent thing. She had a different path designed for her and that’s what was best for her. At that moment, when I came to know that – I realized, I always loved her, right from the first day itself. Bringing a smile to her was like a mission for me which I always wanted to accomplish at any cost. That realization where I felt that limitless love for her was a special moment. After my failed relationship, I always had this question – Will I be able to love again? She gave the answer when she came in my life!

It was quite clear - It doesn’t matter that you get the person of your dreams. The feeling of love is also something which only a few can experience! And if you get it because of somebody who cannot be permanant in your life - It's all worth it!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved the intensity with which you have written this post, trying to stay on the right side of objectivity, and failing admirably and cutely. wish you all the best, my friend, and appreciate your courage and determination to stand by what you believe. not easy qualities to find in these times of instant gratification and moral compromise.

Amar Ashok Jajoo said...

Subhorup - Thank you so so much sir. It's indeed hard to stick to your morals with the ver glroging selfish world around. But that's where I feel lies the difference between those who stand up for their beliefs and those who just fumble under pressure! :) Glad you liked my work! Keep reading! :)