Labels

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Unforgettable moments: That little crush

Isn't that something which you wanted to do back in school?
Image Courtesy : Google Images
Dedicated to the girl who gave me butterflies in my stomach for the first time!

School days were always the same for me and so was the routine. I used to go to the school a little late so that the teacher could kick me out, but the tactic always backfired. She used to allow me in the school arena but always made me stand outside the classroom. I was in 8th B. Surprisingly I always enjoyed standing outside the class. There was only one reason. A new admission in 8th A who became everybody's crush right after her admission.

Her name was Nimisha Singh. Name not changed, because she isn't here (I've spent years trying to locate her on social networking websites.) So, while I took my punishment standing in the corridor of the school, I could see her sitting on the 3rd bench with two of her best friends. She was the only reason I enjoyed getting punished. Apart from many disadvantages of being a notorious mischievous guy, there's one advantage too! Everybody knows your name, including the girl you're crazy about! She was my first crush.

In those days, unlike today, talking to the girl you like took a piece of your heart. Today kids just start going around as soon as they gather guts to speak to each other.So,there I was - A nasty mischievous guy, a little fat, and a naive person who couldn't figure out the feeling he had. I didn't even know, that what I felt was a 'crush'. It was just a sweet feeling for me because of which I could feel butterflies in my stomach the moment any of my friends teased me with her name. The moment my eyes fell on her eyes, oh that magical moment; everything just used to stop for five seconds. It felt like a world of just me and her where kept looking at each other.


I used to wait for the lunch break very desperately, because that gave me a chance to see her. She was delicate, fair, and soft spoken, even to an idiot like me. In the term of two years when she was in school, I spoke to her just three times and that too in the most embarrasing ways possible..We were giving a farewell to our seniors from school. During my dance performance with my group, the music somehow tripped off and it was an embarrasing situation with many of us dancing without the music to keep the momentum going. After the dance, I asked her.." How was it?" She said in the most softest and beautiful way possible with that killing smile of hers, "It was good and I liked it" That was the last time I talked to her. May be she said it out of politeness but it certainly made my day!

My now close friend Pavan Gahukar was pretty much of a bully to me when we were in school and more because even he had the hots for Nimisha! So I got beaten, I got embarrased, I never talked to her but still I was crazy about her. She was special and at times I kept staring at her like a maniac admiring the innocence on her face. I used to wait for her to come in the morning and I would wait till she would leave in her rickshaw after the school. My eyes were glued to her, all the bloody time! She left school after 9th grade and nobody could figure out where she went. Somebody told me, she went to Bombay, somebody else said New Delhi. To this day..I don't know ehere she is and what's she doing. But I remember her face, the glow of it, the twinkle in her eyes, her milky white complexion, her red school bag and of all the things - I remember the feeling when my heart beat doubled the moment i saw her!

Today after almost 9 years, I can remember everything about her. There are somethings which just aren't worth forgetting! Whenever I've had a bad time - Just the thought of her, just the thought of those school days has brought a smile to me. No matter what happens, no matter how many years pass by, she will always be an undefined little something for me! A little something - That little crush, which will always be there and will be remembered by me almost forever. That little crush will always be capable of making me feel young almost throughout my life!

P.S - Share it if you can, She just might read it! ;)

6 comments:

Beyond Horizon said...

That something like an essence stays within us forever and never fails to make us Smile.

:)

Saru Singhal said...

Such a sweet post, I loved the first and last paragraph...:) :) :)

Mahima Kohli said...

Beautiful post Amar! So glad to see your having written this one! :)
And as you've very rightly said, today's kids would never know how it actually feels to have a real crush. The unexplained smiles, the butterflies, the innocence. Their concepts of love have undergone a drastic makeover over the years. Poor they! :P

Amar Ashok Jajoo said...

Beyond Horizon - That's the beauty of it. No matter what, that something can be never taken away from you :)

Saru - Thanks a lot Saru :).. Happy that you loved it :)

Mahima - Well their loss! I'm happy about the fact that atleast I enjoyed the feeling..Something which will stay with me almost forever! Thanks a lot for reading like always! :)

Keep reading fellas :)

Ganesh D said...

Nice post and really well-written! We all have had those butterflies in our stomachs at some point of time. But butterflies those were, fly out so quickly leaving their dusty colors on hour hearts. Wonderful!
p.s. You could at least have avoided to mention her last name; just my silly opinion. You've all rights to write what you wish.

Amar Ashok Jajoo said...

Ganesh - Thank you so so much bro :)..And no opinion is a silly opinion I believe :) .. It's just that sometimes you feel like doing whatever comes to your mind without bothering about anything else! This is just that time :)

Thanks and keep reading! :)