Labels

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Unforgettable moments : This ones for you dad..:-):-)

A whole night at a friends place and no sleep had really turned me into an animal who desperately needed to relax his hormones this morning at 7. I got out from my friend's place and thought I would go home and sleep the entire day now. Three kilometers of distance was now seeming as a thousand miles. I was on the way back home with dreams about sleeping but my scooter had some other plans for me.

Yes my 6-year old MH-31 BN 2345 Honda Dio is a junk for many but I adore it always. But sometimes it does not reciprocate my love,and today was one such day. It suddenly died on me when I was 2 kilometers away from home. With sleep hovering over me like a ghost I had no wish of dragging it. I called up a cousin of mine to help but I guess he didn't want to ruin his breakfast time. Moron! I called up a friend of mine only to realize 'A friend in need is a friend indeed' is a thing of past.

Reluctantly I called my dad. Fathers! They'll get angry first but will be the first one to help. He told me to wait where I was and told me that he'll be there. I parked my scooter and went to a tea stall nearby and sat with a newspaper in my hand only to notice a article about fathers which said 'They'll die but won't let a tear fall out of your eye'. Suddenly I started thinking about my dad. He had always been a tough person. Working in a wood furniture factory 25 years back as a GM,then becoming a partner,then the owner when the factory ran into losses and taking it out from the losses to a profit level. A person who can beat up five persons alone,been in politics for 10 years,an angry headed person;his life showed everything which a late 70's Amitabh movie shows. Yes like Amitabh too he always had a humility towards everybody. I've been watching people whom we don't know coming at my place to seek his help and he helping them without even thinking once. A voice so heavy that would make people scared even when he's talking in a soft way. He has always been all rough and tough.

Just when I was thinking about all this and getting proud of him,smiling to myself I heard his voice calling me. He had come to pick me up. I sat on the back seat of his scooter (again a honda dio but fortunately a one which reciprocates love) and we started off for home leaving my scooter there for the mechanic to pick it up later. Dad asked me 'So,where did it stop ?'.I replied 'It stopped a mile back,I dragged it',I lied. Reason : Extra concern from your father can earn you some extra bucks and some surprises too sometimes. On my way back he told me about the problems he's having with his health and some business related problems from a month. He looked in tension alright. His eyes were half sleepy, his face showed me the stress he had on his heart,his generally heavy voice had shivers into it, and he had a son who lies for some extra bucks on the backseat. Sure I felt a bit of shame but it went away when I thought 'Someday I'll surprise him with an unexpected happiness'. But yes, I felt bad and helpless. I wanted to help him. Really bad.

We reached at our society gate. I got off the scooter and moment he got off two dogs came running to us. For a moment I thought they came to know that once I pulled the tail of one of their ancestors when I was small and they're on revenge but finally the ice broke when they came near us. They came to my dad and started jumping around him. Yes,they were not pet dogs but the ones who were homeless. My dad took a packet of biscuits and started feeding them smilingly and this he had been doing it for months now. I asked him,'Papa?I thought you were tensed?'..He replied back..'I'm tensed,that doesn't mean I should stop looking at the small pleasures life's giving me. I'm tensed that doesn't mean these strangers turned loved ones face the brunt of it'.

That moment had so much power,so much purity and so much strength. I felt something in my heart,it was a heap of respect which arose for my dad and added to the already high respect I always had for him. The head of my family - My everything - My dad.

We get so tensed about everything that somehow we forget about the small things in which love is being offered to us. Our siblings fighting with us,our mothers asking us hundred things,our friends calling us by names we don't like,our fathers stopping us for things .It's all love just love. I learnt it from my dad. You can have it from everywhere around.

Take care guys..:-)..

8 comments:

Arti said...

I am sorry but I really cant find any adjectives to describe how beautiful this article is! It is so touching and written directly from the heart! This article will bring a big smile on your Dad's face,I am sure :) Keep writing, I just loved going through this piece :)

Amar Ashok Jajoo said...

@Arti..Yes,it was written straight from the core of my heart and right after the mentioned situation. :)

I guess more than words your reading it out matters..and thanks so much for that..:)

Thanks for taking your time out :)

Amar..:)

Mahima Kohli said...

Spellbinding, grasping and very touching...you've managed to move me almost to tears...the little pleasures of life are truly the best ones, which we remember throughout life and can still cherish through rough times. You've portrayed it so well Amar. :)

Amar Ashok Jajoo said...

@Mahima..Oh wow..I'm flattered to know that you liked it so much and it had an impact to actually move you to tears. I've always believed that love is everywhere..One just needs a loving heart to discover it. Happy to know that i was able to portray what I believe in , in a way which you liked..:)

Keep reading..:)..I love my fellow bloggers and friends..;)

Amar..:)

Vikram Waman Karve said...

Beautifully written. Emotions superbly expressed.
Keep Writing such wonderful stuff.
Regards
Vikram

Amar Ashok Jajoo said...

@Vikram..Thanks Sir..!! Will always keep writing..and try to get better..:)

Zephyr said...

That was one touching piece about the father-son relationship. And the advice holds good for everyone. God bless you.

Amar Ashok Jajoo said...

@Zephyr..Thanks so so much for dropping by and commenting :)

Take care:)