Labels

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Spoilers!

Once, me and a couple of my close friends, all avid wrestling fans were fighting with each other trying to copy our favourite wrestlers. One of them, named Sawali Singh (Name not changed on request but considering the fact that if he reads this with his name, he’ll probably beat me down to death. And the name Sawali – because he asks, at least 60 questions in a minute) got all exhausted but still with the over confidence which has always been a part of him said, “Don’t you guys try to masturbate with me!”  For a second we all thought he has suddenly realized that he is gay, then one of us realised what he actually wanted to say.  He wanted to say, “Don’t you guys try to mess with me!” (I wanted to kill him right there, but then I realised he’s like a hulk compared to me.) Rest is history, with the kind of sadistic morons guys are, he has to hear what he said every time he debates with us on a certain topic(Don’t hate us please, he also says ‘ I doesn’t likes this’. There, I gave you reason enough to hate him.) Surely one of the biggest language spoilers I’ve come across in my life.

I have come across people who speak wrong Hindi and their companions don’t find anything wrong in that ,in fact they find it cute, “Aww..she sounds so adorable speaking wrong Hindi” is what I heard sometime back from somebody, In one way it’s really a couple ‘madly in love’( which even I was) , and the other way around someone is listening to the wrong use of language and planning to kill them, that someone who is a true Hindi language lover.

I’m sure each one of us comes across such a thing in our day to day life very often. The biggest example of art spoilers are the dubbed movies.  Especially the Hindi dubbed English movies (Please don’t ask me why I watch such things, instead try watching them. I bet you’ll fall down from your bed laughing your guts out. I would also recommend Himesh Reshamiya for the same.) Now it’s not necessary that a particular thing said in English will always sound that much cool and classy if dubbed in Hindi.

For instance I once saw a Hindi dubbed Arnold Schwarzenegger’s 1994 movie ‘True lies’. In the English version when in a very famous striptease (perverts, stop going onto the youtube, read all this first) Jamie Lee Curtis is dancing in front of Arnold, he says via a tape recorder, “No, not like this.Dance sexy” . However in the Hindi version he says in a rather pathetically-chosen-voice-for-Arnold , “Aise nahi, sexy naach nacho”. The only question on my mind was, where’s the goddamn person who took the initiative to dub this. The dialogue and the situation when in English version is a classic, however when in the Hindi version is a classic disaster.

In another such disastrous encounter  I saw Charlie's Angels, in which whenever the mysterious Charlie contacts the girls he says ‘ My angels’ and in the Hindi dubbed version he says ‘ Meri haseenao’. Seriously that makes him sound like Shakti Kapoor of the old Hindi movies who had his hormones driving him crazy for every other chick! In another such rapture endorsing move, very often the expression, ‘Hey dude, what’s up?’ in English movies is dubbed as “Oye , Praji, ki haal hain?”(No offence against Punjabi, I love the language, I hate the dubbing people) in the Hindi dubbed ones. To experience these disasters watch UTV Action, they show it the whole day. Yes! The whole damn day!

Another set of art spoilers are the Hindi dubbed Tollywood movies (Yes I watch them too, try watching ‘Sivaji – The boss’, you’ll start watching it too). They are the ultimate height of disaster and sadness because even the songs are dubbed. So the dialogues and the songs which are so nicely scripted and made according to the fan following in South India are all destroyed by making them look like something which has been done to make people laugh when they’re Hindi dubbed. Nobody can change the fact that today most of the Bollywood movies are remakes of South Indian movies.

How would you feel if  you just surf around on the internet and come across something you’ve written being used by some another person? I found one such thing once, I seriously thought of hiring a hit man, then dropped the idea considering my budget. (That day I came to know a new thing, you don’t get a hit man in 100 bucks!)Such people who plagiarize are not only the art spoilers but also pathetic! Because they don’ realize when they’re stealing stuff, they’re also stealing some moments of extreme emotions!

I’m a English language lover. I would certainly encourage someone trying to learn the language but I hate it when Indians use the language wrong and still are adamant about it and then they joke in a rather shameful way ‘ The British ruled us for 200 years, it’s our turn to rape their language! What they don’t realize is that, in the process they’re really fucking some ears. Speak the language you’re comfortable in. Don’t be a spoiler!

I love art, be it be any kind of art including the movies. Dubbing is good because it helps people following different languages and from different backgrounds to experience movies from other cultural backgrounds, but it should really be done in a proper way so that it’s fair to the person who made it with his full dedication. There’s no need to try to be a superman when you don’t even have underwear to wear over your pants!

I’m a writer and whatever I write is a work of my emotions. It hurts me when someone steals somebody’s work (then I want to hurt that person by hitting him in his balls). Everybody is an artist at heart; one just needs the right motivation to bring it out. Find the motivation, don’t be a spoiler! You won’t like them writing about what a moron you’re in their next post!

“ Be yourself and be confident,
Be comfortable in your skin...
That is the only way,
You’ll always be the king!”

Don’t be a spoiler!

 

Take care :)

6 comments:

Mahima Kohli said...

Hilarious quotations...they had me laughing hard :D
You've put down very clearly some things that every art-lover, writer and a person with a sense of ethics would feel bad about. I agree with how horrendous dubbing some of the Hindi film industry people can produce :/
And totally hate anyone breaking the leg of ay language. Whenever I catch someone speaking the languages I know - Hindi, English, Punjabi - in a wrong manner, I just can't help hating them for spoiling such beautiful languages.
Love this post Amar! :)

radzz said...

heheh... 'sexy naach nacho' gotta watch that now :P i thought 'jack dekho kashti aa rahi hai' from the infamous hindi Titanic was the worst so far... u ve given me something to ponder about :p Good stuff btw... keep writing :)

Amar Ashok Jajoo said...

@Mahima..Hey thanks so much for reading and I'm happy you liked it!Seriously people just have a habit of messing up good things! Hope they read the post! :P..At least the dubbing people or i'll have to personally kill them someday! :D

Thanks and take care :)

Amar Ashok Jajoo said...

@Radz..Thanks girl! Yes there are horrible dialouges then you know! :P

RioZee said...

great insightful post. excellent pen down.
very thought provoking writeup.

Amar Ashok Jajoo said...

Thanks a lot pramod ji :)..Glad you liked it :)..Thanks for following :)