Labels

Monday, May 27, 2013

The tunes of love!


This one was written my me somewhere between 2009 and 2010. Me and my girlfriend were going through a really rough patch. She wanted to go away from me. I loved her very much and had to do something to stop her. I had to restore back her faith in me and my love for her. I had to tell her in someway, that it's all going to be fine. She always loved it when I wrote for her. I remembered once, in the early stages of our relationship, she told me, 'You know, I always wanted a guy who will have a guitar in one hand, a book in the another one and a joke on his lips to make me smile!' And then, I wrote this poem for her. She was back with me the moment she read it!


Image Courtesy : Warmpicture.com
A guitar in one hand,
And a book in other...
A joke on my lips,
As we walk the path of life furthur...

Am I your prince charming?
Am I your man?
You can't say no,
Because I know I'm...

I want you to be close,
I want you to be near...
Just hold me tight,
And there will be no fear...

If you feel alone,
Listen to me and hold my hand,
Your loneliness will go away,
It will start slipping like sand...

I know you love music,
I know you love the beat...
So, I'll tell you in a way you understand,
And I promise I won't cheat...

When you love a song,
You just lose yourself in the flow,
You ignore the darkness,
And you look at the glow...

We may have a dark day,
We may have a dark time,
Groove in the music of my love,
It'll sound like a soothing wind chime...

For I love you and you still make my heart skip a beat,
The tunes of love will make us fall in love all over again,
And it will be a renewed lovely musical feat!

9 comments:

Bhavya N said...

Ahh.. to be in love :)

Amar Ashok Jajoo said...

It's a lovely feeling seriously and the kind of limits a person can go to while in it is even more amazing!

Thanks for visiting and keep doing it! :)

Kajal Kapur said...

What a feeling... love. Very nice emotions there

Amar Ashok Jajoo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amar Ashok Jajoo said...

Okay! sorry for the gof up in the name! Was doing two things at a time! :-/ .. Thanks a ton Kajal! And welcome to my blog, it's your first visit and thanks for that! Keep visiting! :) :)

Kritika Jain, Arihant Events said...

Lovely. :)

A similar situation happened with me.. and then I wrote a poem for him and from then onwards, touchwood, we never looked back..

Amar Ashok Jajoo said...

Kritika - Thanks! :) .. I think we all go through a situation like this at least once and at that point of time, it's necessary to let the other person know about our love in the best way possible - In our case, a poem straight from the heart was the way! ;)

Thanks for stopping by and come back soon ;)

Y said...

Lovely Poem :)

Amar Ashok Jajoo said...

Thanks a ton Pooja! :)